Family

Family
us-Hawaii

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Party Time!!!

Last night I successfully hosted a party.  Wow.  I never consider myself a great hostess--always worry about guests having fun.  After having actually won a Free Flavour Friday event from Coffee-mate, I had to just do regardless of my insecurities.  And I had a blast. I wanted to invite so many people, but it turned out perfect with the number who were able to come.  Ok, so one couple (good friends) didn't catch the time right and were half an hour early and I hadn't even showered yet--didn't even a bra on yet!  But they just laughed and chatted with my sweet husband while I got ready, which I did in record time.  One couple had to leave early because he works for the DOT and had to go out and clear roads. 

All in all, however, it was a great night.  Didn't use the poker set that came with the kit, but we played Catch Phrase and Cranium.  It was nice to sit and visit over coffee when the games were done, and the kids did pretty well playing on their own.  I felt really good at the end of the night when Christi and Ethan shared that this was the ONLY non-church invitation they had had in four years--I suppose the hazards of being a pastor, but I was glad I had invited them and that they had been able to come.  It was a good night.  Makes me want to win another event!!!  (the only downside to the evening--Bubba decided to use the toilet on his own since I was busy, which is OK, but one time he completely missed the target and I had to mop the floor and change him in the middle of Cranium!!!! Oh, my little guy.  Love you, Bubba.)

No comments:

Post a Comment