Family

Family
us-Hawaii

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Flutters

So I'm 17 1/2 weeks.  For the past week I've been patiently and intently paying attention to my belly, waiting for those first movements.  I've thought I've felt a few, but honestly, it could have been gas.  :)  Just because this is the third doesn't mean it feels the same.  Last night, however, I know that I was finally feeling baby for sure.  This is my favourite thing about being pregnant--the movement.  I want to walk around all day with a secret smile on my face because this little human and I are connecting.   Though the positive pregnancy test gives knowledge to the head, the flutters, the heartbeat, and the ultrasound give knowledge to the heart.  It's real before these things, but hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time is an amazing experience.  With the Princess I heard it at 7 weeks because of the early ultrasound, with Bubba I heard it at 10 weeks, but this one I had to wait until 14 weeks.  With the Princess I felt movement at 18 weeks at a CM retreat at the Lakes, with Bubba I was 16 weeks and we were in Omaha, and this one finally at 17 1/2 weeks.  There's nothing like these first flutters.  I treasure them and will hold them tightly in my heart.  These first flutters are mine and mine alone as their mother.  Later kicks are big enough for others to feel, but these are my first real moments with my children.  I love you, sweet children.

No comments:

Post a Comment