Family

Family
us-Hawaii

Monday, January 24, 2011

Catching up on life

So, I started this as a way to keep track of our lives, since I had lagged behind on my paper-pen version of my daily record.  Now I log in and realize I haven't written since November.  Not so good, huh?  Today will remedy that.  Since my last entry, we have:
  • been to England and back
  • celebrated Christmas
  • (I have) finished with two classes and begun another
  • planned a party at our house because I actually won a free party thing from CoffeeMate (but have yet to receive the package)
  • announced that we are expecting T3
There are probably other things, but that is generally the list of the major things.  Our travels were somewhat of a fiasco, but not terrible.  Due to rescheduling, Bubba somehow got separated from our ticket locater number and we had several minutes of panic until someone at the US Delta assured us he was still booked for the return flights, but that he just had a different number.  Though it took us a little longer at check-in at Teeside, our helpful friend Benjamin, with the help of his trusty supervisor Ann, were able to get us all of our boarding passes without too much trouble (though it did take him 30 minutes).  Our first flight was VERY turbulent, and I was nearly in tears.  I will put it down to being pregnant and tired.  Stu and I agreed that the pilot earned every penny he made on that flight, especially as he came in for landing.  Other than that, the only other kerfuffle was that Bubba didn't get his child's meal on the international flight, despite having requested it.  That was minor.  Everything else went fairly smoothly--kids did as well as could be expected.  We spent the night in Omaha and drove back Sunday morning.  It was good to be home--which we were, by about noon on the 9th.

Our time in England was good--good to see family.  Took trains to the Metro centre in Newcastle and to York, rode the bus multiple times, took several taxis.  Kids loved the public transportation.  :)  Even adding up all the fares, I'm sure it was less expensive that renting a car as the price of petrol was quite high and continued to go up while we were there.

The other important thing we did was tell the family that we were expecting #3.  They were all expecting the announcement--guess they realized how serious I was about wanting one more and were just waiting for the announcement.  With them told, we felt OK telling people when we came back.  We had told my parents before we left (and had told the kids just before they arrived).  The kids are excited.  They want to talk to the baby and watch the iPod movies I have from BabyCenter.  Last Friday they came to my appointment with me and  got to hear the heartbeat.  It took awhile to find, which panicked me a little, but Becky found it--upper 140s to her best guess (the kids were talking and she had a hard time keeping it).  The important thing, however, is that I got to hear that fast, steady beat.  Now, just waiting for that first flutter.

Other things I wanted to record before I forget are some of the funny things the kids say.  The Princess keeps telling me that she is trying to "get the heck of"--what she means is "get the hang of."  She is also having trouble with her "l" sounds at the end of words.  So "small" becomes "smog"--she can say the sound if it's internal, but we'll have to work on the end sounds.  Bubba says "kepkep" for ketchup, and there are others that I just can't think of now.  Princess calls lip balm "lip glob."  Funny kid.

I think that generally updates things.  I have already written about Bubba's solo potty training, which he continues to be successful with, even through the nights.  In fact now he generally wakes up and comes get us when he needs to go.  Princess is insisting that she does not want to go to school next year--she wants me to school her at home.  We'll see about that.  I think she needs to go, though I'll miss her terribly.

So life continues.  We move on--we live and breathe.  We love.

No comments:

Post a Comment