Family

Family
us-Hawaii

Friday, March 23, 2012

I should be doing. . .

Anything but sitting here typing this blog entry.  Except that this is exactly what I need to do.  I have not written for so long, which frustrates me.  Our life has exploded into busy and I don't like that.  We're exhausted at day's end, and I have no time to record our lives.

So, despite the fact that I SHOULD be cleaning in preparation for our Coffee-Mate Free Flavour Friday party (try saying that forty times quickly), I will take a minute.

Goo Magoo:  She is 8 1/2 months old.  How did this happen?  I know. Still.  This past week she figured out how to sit herself up.  She's been fairly steady sitting on her own, but now she can get herself up.  She also rocks back and forth on her hands and knees.  I honestly can't remember how old the others were when they started crawling, but I know she'll get there.  She has gotten and survived her first bad cold, complete with amoxicillin. She also has six teeth.  She is my skinny baby--happy and healthy, but NOT the eater her brother and sister were.  Bubba was 28 pounds at 9 months.  Goo is 17 pounds at 8 months.  She is a bit spoiled.  She's our last, which we knew before she was born, so she has gotten to sleep with us way more than the others did.  I'm sure I'll rue my choices some day, but not now.  Now I love the snuggles.  She is also perfecting her army crawl.  Oh, sweet baby.  Stay little a while longer, please.  Momma loves you.

Bubba Joe:  He is very excited for his fourth birthday, which will happen at the end of April.  He has chosen a Spiderman cake.  He continues to be fascinated with the human body and is very good at putting together his skeleton puzzle.  He also wants to dig up bodies.  I am choosing not to be alarmed.  I think it is just a boy thing.  He will not turn into a serial killer.  More than the other two, this kid makes me laugh.  I can NOT stay upset with him.  He says the funniest thing and has the best expressions.  Love you, Joe.

Princess:  She's 5 1/2 and nearing the end of her first year of school.  So hard to believe, but she is such an amazing kid.  I know I am biased, but she's smart. Some of that is having an English teacher for a mom--my princess speaks using correct grammar and has a large vocabulary.  She is so much more, though.  She is kind, generous, loving, sensitive, logical, imaginative, and adaptable.  They are working extra with her at school on reading, giving her a little more.  She was also asked to be part of the video for the school site visit. 


Pretty proud of her.  She did a great job, even though she was sick when they filmed it.  She was running a 102 temp.  She amazes me every day, and I need to spend more time with her, just knowing her and cuddling her.  She'll be too big for cuddles soon.  Oh, Princess.  You have my heart.  I love you.

The husband is nearly done with his EMT training, so hoping life will return to normal soon.  We miss him at night.  A few more tests, then the big exam.

Better end now.  Goo is tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment