The in-laws have come and gone, and what a time it was. I think I'll update by child.
The Princess:
- started school. I cried, she loves it.
- was surprised in Omaha when we went down to meet Stu's family. The kids didn't know they were coming, so when they flew in they just went straight to the hotel. We arrived the next day and had them sneak into our room and hide behind the curtains when the kids were distracted. The Princess was so excited. Had a great time in Omaha.
- Celebrated Daddy's birthday with an ice cream cake from DQ. He turned 40.
- September 1st, I came home from class in the morning to have Stu great me with the news that the Princess was puking and had the flu. Watched her all day and around 2:30 in the afternoon she told me her lower right side hurt. I called the Dr. to see if I could get her in. They said come now, so I told the in-laws that they could find bottles and nappies for McGoo and they were fine with Bubba. Took the Princess in, and Dr. Veit was more than 50/50 that it was appendicitis. Took her to the hospital where they drew blood, got an IV started, and admitted her (to the same room Stu had been in when he was in in May). Stu arrived 5:15. Dr. Ivey arrived 5:45 and said her white count was 22,000 instead of 10,000. He said he was 75% to 80% sure it was appendix and he would take them out if it were his daughter. So we gave the go-ahead, and they started prepping her for surgery. Stu ran home to get McGoo, and I waited there. Ben Cox was her anesthetist, so I felt more comfortable that he was with her. Her surgical nurse was Dondee Halverson. I followed her bed down, and she went through the doors at 6:45. Stu arrived with McGoo at about 7:05--she was screaming. Dr. Ivey came out at about 7:20 to say she was done and that the appendix had definitely been the problem. We went up to her room to wait for her. She was pretty out of it when they wheeled her back up. Stu and I stayed--I stayed until 3:00 in the morning and Stu spent the night. I arrived home just before a bad storm (drove in the garage and the deluge started, got McGoo in and set her carseat down and the tornado siren went off, woke everyone up to get them downstairs only to discover the water softener overflowing when we got down and was forced to turn off the water to the house). Storm passed and we went back up. I had a few hours of sleep, then headed back to town with McGoo. Amy Letsche came not long after Stu left (he had to finish a job at the bank). She spent quite a bit of the morning helping entertain the Princess. My parents and Michael Wilson also came by to see the Princess. They dismissed her at 3:30 that afternoon. Went home with some Tylenol with codeine. Got home, and Stu, Bubba, Daniel, Debra, and Terry took off for the Mall of America. We were all supposed to go, but obviously couldn't. Elsie, McGoo, the Princess and I had a long weekend ahead.
- September 2-3 the Princess had different visitors: Holly, Jen Bush and girls, Grandma Jennie, Linda Grauer, Francine, and Donna. Sunday, Elsie got sick with what was later diagnosed as an ulcer when she got home.
- September 6 was a Tuesday, and took the Princess in for Dr. Veit to check her. I was pretty sure she had an infection in the incision and she did. Had to take her back to the hospital for a blood draw to check her white count, which was at 11, 400. So another round of antibiotics and a followup with Dr. Veit again the next day.
- September 7--infection was looking a bit better, but had started seeping and oozing. Dr. Veit opened it up a tiny bit more at the end so it could drain and he squeezed some stuff out. But since it wasn't full of puss, he didn't make us go for another white count.
- September 8--Dr. Ivey check up, and said she was fine. Finish the antibiotic and she could go back to school the next week.
- middle of September, the antibiotics caught up with her and she ended up with urinary/yeast infections. More antibiotics and cream.
- October--finally just getting her all cleared up after getting her on a probiotic and keeping up with the cream.
- She's playing soccer and has gotten quite fast!!
- He's just Bubba. He got to go to Mall of America with Dad and had a great time going on all the rides.
- He still loves to think about cutting arms and legs off, but I think he's just being a boy. He wants to take the skin off things and look at bones, so I think he's just curious as to the inner workings of things.
- He's my lovey boy. He still loves cuddles.
- He makes me laugh.
- He is already planning for "when you die, Mom, *the Princess* can take your job." I don't think he wishes my death, but he's just planning ahead.
- Love that boy.
- She's growing. Probably about 12 pounds or more and 25 1/2 inches long.
- She sleeps through the night. Last night she slept from 8 to 8.
- She's starting to roll over to her side from her back.
- She coos and smiles a lot.
- She makes me smile.
Stu has started classes to become an EMT, so he's gone every Monday night and soon will add Thursday nights as well. I'm proud of him. Love that man.

No comments:
Post a Comment