Family

Family
us-Hawaii

Monday, May 9, 2011

mother's day

Saturday my husband brought us breakfast in bed--since both children had crawled in our bed and left no room for him and since he was awake anyway, he made cinnamon toast and tea for us.  He had also remembered to buy cards for the kids to give me for Mother's Day (which was sweet).  Mother's Day--he had the kids sign the cards while I sat in the kitchen.  Mother's Day meal--hot dogs and pork and beans. He prepared it.  Mother's Day supper--I made BLTs for the Princess and I and a turkey sandwich for Bubba.  My husband made himself cheese and tomato sandwiches.  Mother's Day gift?  He said he ordered one, think he has it, didn't get it yesterday.  I'm sure he'll remember tomorrow.  I have one of the most wonderful husbands in the world, and he shows his love on a daily basis. 

In one way, I really don't like this one day of the year that is so hyped up that it can do little but lead to both bittersweet joy and sadness.

The greatest pain of Mother's Day is being motherless.  And that colours everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment