Family

Family
us-Hawaii

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

spring snow showers

Woke up today to a blanket of thick, wet, slushy snow.  Not funny at all.  Snow continued for quite a bit of the morning, but was already melting a bit this afternoon.  The poor birds were confused.  I'm trying to remember the last time it snowed this late--definitely not three years ago.  Three years ago it was cool, but not cold.  And I remember because I was large with child, anticipating the birth of Bubba.  Hard to believe that he'll be three on Saturday.  Where did my little guy go?  He wants a Buzz Lightyear cake, and, of course, I'll make it.  Trying to decide what other things to do on Saturday.  He doesn't seem too bothered about what we do.  Might take in a movie or the evil Chuck E. Cheese's. 

On other fronts, to follow up on the kindergarten roundup, the Princess had a wonderful time.  I knew she would.  I also knew before I went to the conference that afternoon that they would want to put her straight into kindergarten instead of K1.  I was right.  They scored her a 98/100 on kindergarten readiness.  I still said no.  Socially, I just don't think she's quite ready.  Academically, she'd be absolutely fine.  I just don't want her to be the youngest and the most immature in her grade.  The only problem is that we probably won't hold Bubba since his birthday is in April.  Which will put them only one year apart in school.  Just hard to make a decision.  And then T3 will be a July baby as well, so we'll have it to consider in five or six years again.

Speaking of T3, discovered the results of my glucose tolerance test from Friday were elevated.  Significantly.  Have to adjust some lifestyle things.  They'll do a retest, but I still want to try to make some changes now.  I don't want problems later.  Not looking forward to the retest, but just have to pray things go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment