So last night while reading books for bed, T3 (or the pea, in this case) was kicking pretty excitedly. I was pretty sure that the kids might be able to feel it if they could be patient enough. So I got the Princess to hold her hand very still and got Bubba to quit wiggling for a minute. The Pea kicked obligingly, and suddenly the Princess whipped up her head with incredible excitement in her eyes and a beaming smile.
"I felt it!!!! I felt the baby kick!!!!!" she yelled excitedly. Quiet for another few seconds, and she was rewarded again with a little kick.
Meet your big sister, little pea. Princess, meet your little sibling. It was a great moment.
(Bubba was too impatient to wait--maybe wouldn't have been able to recognize the kick even if he had waited--but not to be left out screamed excitedly that he, too, had felt the baby. Soon, little man--soon I'm sure you will.)
Loved that moment for the Princess. I hope she never forgets it, that miracle of God's love in that unborn baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment