Dropped off the Princess for kindergarten roundup this morning. Though she was very excited, she cried last night in anticipation of next year and of missing me. I didn't cry--at least not in front of her. But now, an hour after I've dropped her off, I am keenly missing her. The house seems empty, though it is still full with the others. There is a definite void. I know she is in good hands. I saw Mrs. Ogren and Mrs. Irwin and she was greeted very enthusiastically by Mrs. Lenhoff, so I know she is safe. Still, I am counting down the time to when I can get everyone bundled up and in the car so that I can go pick her up from school. It's only until 11:30--I can manage. I am worrying about her, though. Is she remembering to be kind and loving? Is she remembering to say please and thank you? Are the other children being kind to her? She also has a bit of a snuffly nose, and I forgot to give her tissues. I forgot to remind her to obey and raise her hand. Despite this, she'll be OK. I know she will. My Princess is a survivor. I've prayed she'll have discernment today, to know how to handle the situations she finds herself in through the day. I hope she has fun. I can't wait to hear about her day.
I also can't wait to have her back home--to hear her running around and playing, making up games like "baddick to bodick" (this is the best phonetic interpretation of the name of it I can make). I don't understand the game, but she and Bubba play it frequently.
I miss her. Sweet Princess. I love you. More than you'll ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment