So, Bubba decided yesterday that he was going to wear underwear. I put them on him in the morning, put on a nappy for nap, and back on after the nap. He had no accidents through the day and told me every time he needed to use the toilet. He did have one accident, but it was outside after supper and it was cold. He did NOT like the feel of wet jeans. Today he did it again. Told me every time, held it, and went--today we even did it standing up. We did wear a pull up to the grocery store, but went to the bathroom twice while we were there (at his request) and he actually went both times. Had to stop on the side of the road on the way home, but he did go as he claimed he needed to. Had two small accidents--one outside before supper (because he was playing with water "helping" wash our dear neighbour's car), and one when we got home from the grocery store because he was mad and crying on the floor.
I was NOT ready for this. He's my little man--my baby. I wasn't planning on doing this until we got back from traveling!!! Guess it's not really my choice. He's ready. But where did my cuddly, nappy-wearing boy go? He speaks more clearly than he should for his age, though I won't complain. He can already ride the Princess's bicycle and peddle without help. He's so independent. He's turning into a little boy and outgrowing that toddler stage. Not sure I'm ready to let that happen, but what mama is?
While I'm thinking, I've been meaning to write down our version of Rock a Bye Baby
Rock a bye, baby, in mama's arms
Nothing can hurt you, you'll come to no harm
Close I will keep you, I'll hold you tight
I'll rock and protect you, all through the night
Much better than being dropped out of a tree in the wind.
No comments:
Post a Comment