Family

Family
us-Hawaii

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bubba

I was having a few quiet moments to myself--four children napping (my two and the two I watch).  This was an amazing moment as this rarely happens.  The two two-year-olds usually nap, but the three and four rarely do.  I had a cup of coffee, messed around with this blog, and then I heard the door open to the bedroom.  Bubba.

So my quiet moment has been interrupted by my boy.  We don't often get snuggle time, just he and I, so I will take this as a lovely moment.  My Bubba is such a love.  He's gentle, funny, and very verbal.  He has recently decided that he can use the toilet (not for everything, but I'm fine with that as the job he's chosen to master first is the dirtiest one).

Bubba is also a bit of a stinker.  He is always after my coffee, which he loves.  Don't worry.  I don't let him really drink it.  He usually gets the drips at the end of my cup.  Today he bit little M--twice.  When I asked him why, he said "I'm just crabby, Mom."  Well, we all have those days.  Where would I be without this guy?  He makes me smile and laugh.  He melts my heart.  He always asks "You happy with me, Mom?"  Oh yes, Bubby.  I'm happy with you.  I couldn't be happier.  God chose you for me because he knew I needed your smiles and sillies.  Bub is a lot like his daddy.  Both of them can make me smile even when I'm angry with them.

So much for a nice quiet time to write.  Bubba wants to play "the milky and the apple" game.  I have no idea what that is.  But I'll figure it out. . . for him.   Because I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment